bethewest asked: Share 10 facts about yourself then pass this on to 10 of your favourite followers :) xx
Aww, thanks :)
So, here goes:
1) I don’t eat vegetables. Potatoes are fine but other than that, bleh. My father still believes I’ll “grow up to like them” one day.
2) My Dungeons & Dragons character I’ve played for more than 2 years now is a young assassin girl who uses two daggers. She enjoys sex and is known for sleeping with pretty much anybody. She cares for her friends but other than that doesn’t give a fuck what anybody thinks. She’s all I can’t and don’t dare to be in rl.
3) I hate ebooks. Nothing beats the feel and smell of a book and a shelf full of your favourites. Makes for a lot of heavy boxes when moving, though.
4) My favourite author is Iain Banks. I cried when he died last year.
5) My friend says about me I have an oral fixation. What she actually means by that is I am usually interested in sb’s voice/accent more than their looks.
6) I don’t like DiCaprio and I enjoy the 300 movies. I’m just that barbaric.
7) Between my job, hobbies and foreign friends, I think that even still living in the Czech Rep, I may be using English more than my native language. (An English guy I’d met in a pub once asked me which part of England I was from, saying he couldn’t quite place my accent. I almost jumped him there and then.)
8) I like Yu-Gi-Oh. No regrets.
9) I have about six pairs of 3D glasses at home now. Always put them on my head, forget about it, walk right out of the cinema. I still regret they only make the pink ones in kids size.
10) I can move my ears and lick my nose. Still can’t lick my elbow. One has to have goals in life, right?
So… a couple days ago I was asked out after chatting with the guy about Mass Effect. This weekend I went to see 300 by myself and then played Fiasco with a couple friends. Next weekend will be spent playing Dungeons & Dragons (finally onto the pirate city!) and the weekend after that it’s Fiasco night again on Saturday and I’m going to a Dragon Age RPG session on Sunday. And I’ve just ordered a Normandy SR2 print. Cause it will look good on my wall. So… at what point do I get to apply for the nerd card?
pseud0random said: I don’t think you need to be flattered…they’re not doing you a favour by fancying you! I’m the same…utterly terrified. And I spend more time with uni students than I do with ppl my age so I know what you mean!
I know it’s not a favour or anything… but in case I can see he’s actually a decent guy who probably really means it and is almost as terrified by the whole situation as I am and it’s still worth a try for him… that’s a weird feeling. But still, mainly terrifying. Think it will get any better with age? :D In 20, 40 years maybe?:D
pseud0random said: I’m almost 31 and I’d be the same (except it hardly ever happens :P )
Thanks :) I know I should probably be flattered or something but I’m more terrified than anything else :P It’s not something that happens often, but once in a while… I guess it doesn’t help that as part of my job I spend a lot of time just chatting with my students about life and stuff, 3 times a week, for months at a time…
so, I’m almost 25 and I still panic when a guy I’m not interested in asks me out. the instinctive reaction is Run, hide, if you never talk to him again, you won’t have to face it. good plan. yeah, very mature.